Kingsway Printers is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that business operations may potentially have on the environment
A clear objective is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring that wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna;
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community;
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts;
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures;
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner;
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
Kingsway Printers will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organisations. As part of our commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, it is the intention that we will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO14001.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter. Kingsway Printers will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective prevention and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
The Directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to our activities. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors who give their full support to the implementation of the policy.
Compostable & Biodegradable Materials
We care about the environment, and we know our clients do too - so we've sourced a range of papers and filmic products that are compostable, biodegradable and from environmentally sustainable sources.
Our range of materials helps clients develop sustainable, organic, environmental and waste reduction policies. Terms such as 'compostable' and 'biodegradable' are often misused, but at Kingsway Printers we comply with the European Standards EN13432 and EN14046*.
Disintegrable- 'less than 10% of the initial mass must be over 2mm3 after 3 months composting with organic waste.'
Compostable - Each of the points below are necessary for the definition of 'compost-ability' but these alone are not sufficient. A biodegradable material is not necessarily compostable because it must also break up during one composting cycle. A material that breaks up over one composting cycle into microscopic pieces that are not totally biodegradable is not compostable.
- 1) Absence of any negative effects on the composting process.
- 2) Low levels of heavy metals and absence of negative effects on the quality of the compost.
Waste Reduction Pallet Deliveries (WRP)
We're committed to continually reducing the environmental impact of our business, which is why we developed the WRP system.
Dramatically reducing packing waste, the system not only reduces the Carbon Footprint for both supplier and customer but also reduces production, disposal and recycling costs for packaging and filling materials, whilst providing extra security for the product in transit.
*Biodegradable– 'quantitatively measured, the acceptable level being 90% which must be reached in less than 6 months.'
What our customers say
- Mike, Thanks very much to you and your colleagues for producing the work on Friday. Your work has been very well received and a key feature of how good it all looked.
- Thanks again Richard. In case my praises have not reached you, I will say again how delighted we have been with your service levels, account management and pricing. I will continue to recommend your services against other printers.
- Kingsway have served us in a professional manner, delivering product of a very high standard and having always met our requirements, promptly.
- We find a range of benefits available to us, when using Kingsway. These include reduced transportation costs, deliveries when promised, competitive pricing, a quick turnaround and a very ‘hands on’ Sales Team.
- You are obviously using the latest printing technology available, giving better quality results. Your innovative team of experts, available to draft new designs quickly and efficiently.
- Many thanks for turning our work around so quickly.